[hunchentoot-devel] New releases of Hunchentoot, Drakma, and Chunga

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Feb 20 07:23:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Hans Hübner <hans.huebner at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you want to have bracktraces in your error log, you can easily
> install your own message logging function using the new
> :MESSAGE-LOGGER initarg of the ACCEPTOR class.

Not quite.  To log backtraces, you'll have to intercept Hunchentoot's
error handling mechanism.  One way to do it is to use your own request
dispatcher (see <http://weitz.de/hunchentoot/#request-dispatch>) and
to wrap HANDLER-BIND around it.  I had an idea how to make this a bit
simpler/clearer, but it didn't make it into the 1.0.0 release, so
maybe in the next one.

But as Hans said, the functionality for actually retrieving a
backtrace was removed on purpose and is very unlikely to reappear.
It's not a big deal, though.  Grab the previous tarball, extract the
version for your Lisp, and put it into your own webapp if you want it.

Edi.