[hunchentoot-devel] New releases of Hunchentoot, Drakma, and Chunga

Jochen Schmidt jsc at crispylogics.com
Fri Feb 20 10:53:50 UTC 2009

Am 20.02.2009 um 08:23 schrieb Edi Weitz:

> But as Hans said, the functionality for actually retrieving a
> backtrace was removed on purpose and is very unlikely to reappear.
> It's not a big deal, though.  Grab the previous tarball, extract the
> version for your Lisp, and put it into your own webapp if you want it.

Hans said it was removed because it was the only remaining non-
portable part. As printing backtraces isn't really a core
functionality of a webserver I do not understand why having it only
for lw (with conditionals) would have been such a big problem? Just to
make it clear - I personally do not miss it - but I would miss some
other parts in hunchentoot were Lispworks is specially handled instead
of using what is implemented for other lisps (e. g. some taskmanager
stuff). There was a time in hunchentoot-dev development were I guessed
Hans would throw the baby out with the bath water ;-) - I'm happy to
see that this didn't happen.

ciao,
Jochen

--