[hunchentoot-devel] New releases of Hunchentoot, Drakma, and Chunga

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 05:48:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 00:16, Vsevolod <vseloved at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another thing worth mentioning, in my opinion, is that the old debug
> capabilities (*catch-errors-p* and *log-lisp-backtraces*) where indeed used
> (at least by me). So it's a pity not seeing them in the new release. Now the
> only way I found to get "under the hood" was with *break-on-signals*.

*BREAK-ON-SIGNALS* is better than what Hunchentoot previously had -
You're sent to a the debugger, making actual analysis possible, and
the technique works everywhere, not just in Hunchentoot.

If you want to have bracktraces in your error log, you can easily
install your own message logging function using the new
:MESSAGE-LOGGER initarg of the ACCEPTOR class.  We removed that part
of Hunchentoot because it was really the last piece of unportable code
that we had, and we did not use it ourselves anyway.  Maybe someone
can make a good cause for getting it back in.  I'm not missing it.

-Hans