[tbnl-devel] Re: New version 0.4.0

Bob Hutchison hutch at recursive.ca
Wed Mar 16 12:56:35 UTC 2005

On Mar 16, 2005, at 7:46 AM, Stefan Scholl wrote:

> On 2005-03-15 11:34:44, Bob Hutchison wrote:
>> On Mar 15, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Edi Weitz wrote:
>>> Maybe we should address this in one of the future releases.  Kind of
>>> embarassing if you send your logging data back to the client as a
>>> header... :)
>>
>> Yes, I agree :-)
>
> I haven't read all the recent patches. Is this problem addressed?
>
> I'd say let the user supply his own logging function which gets
> all the "Log*" lines TBNL sends to Araneida or standalone-thingy.
>
> *LOG-FUNCTION* or something.
>
> For presentation nobody gets strange header lines. And if you
> really have to debug you can use a simple function to write in a
> logfile or use CL-SYSLOG for a more sophisticated way.

This sounds good. I'd just add one thing: this function should be able
to return nil or values representing a header's name/value. This would
allow the header to be 'handled' or 're-written' or passed-through. I
can imagine situations where I'd like to be able to pass log messages
back to the client (e.g. debugging a server-server situation)