[slime-devel] Re: Slime packaging in Debian

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Sun Feb 20 16:22:57 UTC 2005

Hello Robert!

On Sun 20 Feb 2005 17:10, Robert Marlow wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 11:07 +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
>> Actually, a Debian package was already prepared by Sean Champ [1] and
>> it works well.
>
> Yeah, I asked on #lisp whether it had been done and was told it hadn't.
> It wasn't until I went to update cliki's SLIME page to announce the
> availability of my .debs that I noticed it had indeed been done :(

It's not real a problem, I found the SLIME Debian package by Google
and digging in the slime-devel mailing-list ;-)

>> Are the 2 different packages intended to be merged and submitted for
>> an official inclusion in Debian?
>
> Yeah, getting it into Debian is the plan. I'm sure there's a lot of
> people here other than myself who have been waiting for it to get into
> Debian for a long time now :)

You're right: the RFP is dated back in Sep 17th, 2004 [1]. You should
continue in that way (I mean, announcing your ITP on that bug and so
on [2]). But as you posted that KMR is helping you, you're safe ;-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[2] http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l3