[slime-devel] Re: Ilisp interfering with SLIME ?

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Mon Nov 1 20:17:40 UTC 2004

Xavier Maillard <zedek at gnu-rox.org> writes:

> > What exactly makes you believe that ILISP is loaded? Note that
>
> Message echoed when opening a lisp file :) And I am sure of what
> I have seen since I can verify this by switching to the Messages
> buffer.

If you're sure then that's okay, but if you want more help then you'll
have to say what the message is so that we can decide for ourselves :-)

> On this running emacs, I don't see the problem when loading a
> lisp file whereas I can clearly see it on another emacs using
> emacs-snapshot package. I think the problem is not SLIME but
> emacs-snaphsot Debian package. It seems it is loading ilisp on
> his own.
>
> Sorry for the noise, I am reporting this to the debian
> maintainer.

Maybe you need to 'apt-get remove ilisp'?

In general I think it would be reasonable for a Debian package to
auto-load a Lisp development package when, say, a lisp-mode file is
opened. It's unfortunate though that loading ILISP has direct
side-effects on lisp-mode that we can't easily override.

P.S., afaik GNU Emacs does not include ILISP in any version.

Cheers,
Luke