[slime-devel] Re: Ilisp interfering with SLIME ?

Xavier Maillard zedek at gnu-rox.org
Mon Nov 1 20:10:02 UTC 2004

On  1 nov 2004, Luke Gorrie wrote:

> Xavier Maillard <zedek at gnu-rox.org> writes:
>
> > AFAIK, I did *not* install any ilisp stuff :/ I think it
> > comes with all Emacs distribution, doesn't it ?
>
> What exactly makes you believe that ILISP is loaded? Note that

Message echoed when opening a lisp file :) And I am sure of what
I have seen since I can verify this by switching to the Messages
buffer.

> both SLIME and ILISP use `inf-lisp' underneath to fire up the
> inferior lisp process so they have some similarities.

Yep.

> To test if ILISP is loaded you can probably evaluate (featurep
> 'ilisp) as Emacs Lisp. If you find that it is then perhaps you

No need to test that.

> can tell us what Emacs version and operating system
> distribution you're using and about anything ilisp-related in
> your ~/.emacs.

Nothing AFAIK. NO, really the problem is not coming from my
.emacs or so.

On this running emacs, I don't see the problem when loading a
lisp file whereas I can clearly see it on another emacs using
emacs-snapshot package. I think the problem is not SLIME but
emacs-snaphsot Debian package. It seems it is loading ilisp on
his own.

Sorry for the noise, I am reporting this to the debian
maintainer.

Thank you.
--
      Xavier Maillard| "Stand Back! I'm a programmer!"
.0.             zedek at gnu-rox.orgz|