[iterate-devel] Project status

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:52:41 UTC 2006

> >Seems like iterate is a little bit frozen, just like many other lisp
> >projects (newbie impression).
> Actually, it's not. At least in my eyes.
> I'd say there's a distributed maintenance problem.

well, that's wasn't fair from me... actually what i am missing is only
a publically accessible repository preferrably with two branches, a
dev and a release branch.

i usually check out the dev branches of opensource projects and update
them from time to time. when i find a bug, i first update the dev
branch, try again and if it's still there try to fix and send patches.

darcs is a very good friend in this, because you can have several
versions locally. (in fact every checkout is a branch)

> I've been maintaining the Iterate code and documentation for the last year, but I don't have write access to common-lisp.net.

well, i think we should do something about it. unfortunately that's
all i can help in this: admin (at) common-lisp (dot) net

> >Background: I've accidentally sent a patch for yaclml that used
> >first-iteration-p.
> Oops, that's too early, but not a great problem in practice. In a couple of years, nobody will remember that. I'm serious :)
> I'm sorry time prevented me from sending you feedback for the last patch. I'll do so asap.

no worries, and thanks for your comments! i'll fix it up, add some
doc, remove the (safety 3) changes and send a new version.

- attila

(alias 101 on irc &no 'its not lisp code :)