[iterate-devel] Project status

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Jan 23 18:43:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

Attila Lendvai wrote:
>Seems like iterate is a little bit frozen, just like many other lisp
>projects (newbie impression).
Actually, it's not. At least in my eyes.
I'd say there's a distributed maintenance problem.
I've been maintaining the Iterate code and documentation for the last year, but I don't have write access to common-lisp.net.  So far, Marco has kindly maintained the website, putting the .lisp online.  I sent him updates once a while, but somehow, some updates got lost, or my archives where somehow unreadable or whatever happened, nobody knows.
It's true that the webpages have not been modified for ages. They are out of date.
It's true that I've too little time for the many things I'd like to do.

>Background: I've accidentally sent a patch for yaclml that used
>first-iteration-p.
Oops, that's too early, but not a great problem in practice. In a couple of years, nobody will remember that. I'm serious :)
I'm sorry time prevented me from sending you feedback for the last patch. I'll do so asap.

BTW, you're welcome to dig further into the Iterate codebase.

>So if there's anything I can help with feel free to delegate
>some todo's...
Updating the webpages comes into mind, and snippets of TeX documentation for the clauses you wish added (just write ASCII in the style of the iterate manual, I can TeXify the text).

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle.