[iterate-devel] type declarations from the Iterate package

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Fri Mar 18 12:45:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was wondering (given zero e-mail traffic on this subject here) if somebody had noticed that Iterate outputs quite dubious type declarations when being asked for them (i.e. (declare (iterate:declare-variables)))?

On CLISP, nobody notices, since they are ignored anyway, but on CMUCL...

Did anybody understand the *intent* of J. Amsterdams type handling explained in the Iterate manual?

1. It looks to me that Iterate's handling of type declarations is somewhat broken, at least in the light of current compiler standards (things looked differently ten years ago).

Other than that, I fixed a few unrelated bugs and will soon export remove-clause -- don't hold your breath.

After that, I'll try to look into the topic of type declarations. Does anybody care about these at all anyway??

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle