[iterate-devel] type declarations from the Iterate package

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Fri Mar 18 15:03:21 UTC 2005

From: "Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril" <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> wrote:

> I was wondering (given zero e-mail traffic on this subject here) if
somebody had noticed that Iterate outputs quite dubious type declarations
when being asked for them (i.e. (declare (iterate:declare-variables)))?

> On CLISP, nobody notices, since they are ignored anyway, but on CMUCL...
>
> Did anybody understand the *intent* of J. Amsterdams type handling
explained in the Iterate manual?

> 1. It looks to me that Iterate's handling of type declarations is somewhat
broken, at least in the light of current compiler standards (things looked
differently ten years ago).

> Other than that, I fixed a few unrelated bugs and will soon export
remove-clause -- don't hold your breath.

> After that, I'll try to look into the topic of type declarations. Does
anybody care about these at all anyway??

I used it a few times. The (declare (iterate:declare-variables)). IIRC it
worked for me.

Marc