[iterate-devel] Integration with CL-ENUMERATIONS and ITERATE

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Fri Mar 18 12:56:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

I wrote:
>It appears that it [iterate for Postgresql result sets]
> cannot currently be written using only names exported
>from the ITERATE package. The only thing lacking is an
>interface to add-loop-body-wrapper

Well, I find add-look-body-wrapper quite an odd name to be exported from the Iterate package. OTOH, I'm quite against gratuitous name changes to software packages that have been basically working for the last ten years. So far, I have (hopefully) managed to maintain strict compatibility.

Should I
a) just export iterate:add-loop-body-wrapper
b) keep iterate::add-loop-body-wrapper and export a different name for the same function, e.g. create iterate:add-wrapper or iterate:add-wrapping-form
c) maintain status quo

What do users think?

In case you don't remember, the issue at hand is that unless some such functionality is exported, one cannot pretend that Iterate presents an API (visible from the list of exported names) that can be used for extending Iterate in some useful ways (e.g. pretend FOR ... IN-FILE did not exist and provide it).

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle