[html-template-devel] Fwd: Re: Re: Question about html-template

Jonathon McKitrick jmckitrick at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 21:29:55 UTC 2006

Here is the footer for the html file I am serving as a template:

  Copyright (c) 2006 Reed Larkey Group Inc.   •   Website designed by

Note the copyright symbol and the bullet.

here is the code from the :get handler under araneida:

     (fill-and-print-template
      (pathname (concatenate 'string
                             (araneida::static-file-pathname handler)
                             (araneida::static-file-default-name handler)))
      nil :stream (request-stream request) :external-format :utf-8)
     ))

It's plain and simple for now.  No template vars, etc.

I looked up 'with-open-file' and then 'open' to figure out what
external-format types are valid, but the hyperspec said this was
implementation specific.  ATM, sbcl.org is down as well.

I'm running sbcl 0.9.17 on an Intel Mac.

> Did you try the EXTERNAL-FORMAT keyword argument of
> CREATE-TEMPLATE-PRINTER and FILL-AND-PRINT-TEMPLATE?

I added that to the example code above, but when I get the backtrace,
you can see that EXTERNAL-FORMAT was LATIN-1, even though in
'create-template-printer' the same keyword arg is UTF-8, UNICODE, or
whatever other value I pass in.

--
Jonathon McKitrick
Independent Software Consultant