[html-template-devel] Re: Question about html-template

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Sep 29 20:40:53 UTC 2006

Hi!

Please send follow-up questions to the mailing list.  See Cc.

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:25:37 -0400, "Jonathon McKitrick" <jmckitrick at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a couple of templates with non-ascii encoding.  Nothing
> fancy, just copyright symbols, TM symbols, etc.  But the non-ascii
> character causes this:
>
> encoding error on stream #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "a constant string" {122CACA1}>
> (:EXTERNAL-FORMAT :LATIN-1):
>   the character with code 8226 cannot be encoded.
>    [Condition of type SB-INT:STREAM-ENCODING-ERROR]

A transcript of what exactly you did would be very helpful.  And maybe
a backtrace.  And maybe information about the Lisp implementation
you're using.  And maybe a self-contained test case which describes
how one can reproduce the error, maybe with a small example file.

> Do you have any suggestions on how I can solve this?  Other than
> post-load modification of the page via javascript, which is really a
> kludge?

Did you try the EXTERNAL-FORMAT keyword argument of
CREATE-TEMPLATE-PRINTER and FILL-AND-PRINT-TEMPLATE?

Cheers,
Edi.