[eclipse-devel] icon problems

Iban Hatchondo hatchond at labri.fr
Fri Jan 9 10:20:03 UTC 2004

Christian Lynbech wrote:
> I have a silly annoyance with icons. The insists on sitting on top and
> clicking on a window that overlaps with an icon does not bring the
> window on top.
>
> What I would like is for windows that are opened or brought to front
> to stack on top of anything else, including icons.

Since eclipse honor the :_NET_WM_STATE_{ABOVE, BELOW} we have three
"layers" in the windows stack. This meen that a window without the
:_NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE cannot be put on top of a window that has this
state. This is kind with panel stuff or with application like xawtv that
allow you to watch tv in a small window and propose you a "stay on top"
option (you don't want then that when you scroll your emacs it comes on
top of the tv window)

> I am pretty sure that it has not always been a problem. Can it be
> easily fixed, or could somebody point me in the right direction?

As you noticed it has not always been a problem. I think I brought that
when I introduce the stack layer. The thing is that icons arn't in any
layer. I'll see what I can do.

Iban.