[eclipse-devel] icon problems

Iban Hatchondo hatchond at labri.fr
Fri Jan 9 14:33:33 UTC 2004

Christian Lynbech wrote:
> I have a silly annoyance with icons. The insists on sitting on top and
> clicking on a window that overlaps with an icon does not bring the
> window on top.
>
> What I would like is for windows that are opened or brought to front
> to stack on top of anything else, including icons.
>
> I am pretty sure that it has not always been a problem. Can it be
> easily fixed, or could somebody point me in the right direction?

I would propose to fix it the following:

  - when you click on an icon it comes on top of anything else.
  - when you release the mouse button after a move (otherwise the
    application get de-iconified) the icon window priority goes back
    at the bottom of the stack (above any desktop application of course)

sounds good to every one ?

Iban.