[cl-typesetting-devel] Losing formatting across page break.

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Sat Nov 27 23:56:45 UTC 2004

I seem to recall having a problem like this a long time ago that got
fixed. But some remnant of it seems to still be with us. I have this
method which I used to typeset code in my book, both blocks of code
and inline code snippets.

    (defmethod emit-pdf-by-type ((type (eql 'text-parser::code)) children)
      (let ((*no-mdash* t))
        (typeset::with-style (:font "Courier")
          (dolist (c children) (emit-pdf c)))))

Anyway, in one of my chapters I have a name "make-cd" that is typeset
with this formatting and got broken across a page after the dash. The
first part of the name, "make-", is properly formatted, in Courier but
the second part, "cd", reverts to the default font. Is this some bad
interaction with the hyphenation code? Or something else? Anyway, if
nobody know right away what's up with this I'll try to put together a
test case when I get a chance.

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com