[cl-typesetting-devel] Losing formatting across page break.

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Mon Nov 29 22:10:45 UTC 2004

"Peter Seibel" <peter at javamonkey.com> wrote:

> I seem to recall having a problem like this a long time ago that got
> fixed. But some remnant of it seems to still be with us. I have this
> method which I used to typeset code in my book, both blocks of code
> and inline code snippets.
>
>     (defmethod emit-pdf-by-type ((type (eql 'text-parser::code)) children)
>       (let ((*no-mdash* t))
>         (typeset::with-style (:font "Courier")
>           (dolist (c children) (emit-pdf c)))))
>
> Anyway, in one of my chapters I have a name "make-cd" that is typeset
> with this formatting and got broken across a page after the dash. The
> first part of the name, "make-", is properly formatted, in Courier but
> the second part, "cd", reverts to the default font. Is this some bad
> interaction with the hyphenation code? Or something else? Anyway, if
> nobody know right away what's up with this I'll try to put together a
> test case when I get a chance.

Yes, a test case would be great.
BTW I still have to include the stuff that you, Klaus and Dmitri sent to me.
I also made some modifications and fixes and I hope to be able to find some
time to work on this. Right now I have to correct a problem in tables when
the content of a cell is huge. The table line is rejected to the next page
but as the header line is there, there is no "too big to fit" error and it
generates a few millions pages like that before dying.... :(

Marc