[cl-pdf-devel] unicode support (ttf + sb-unicode)

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 30 20:08:40 UTC 2005

> >(I noticed that it
> >does not work correctly when pdf:*compress-streams* is true; I am using
> salza
> >with sbcl compiled for x86 on AMD64...)
>
> I fixed that.

I fixed it, too: first made byte arrays be strings of simple characters (code <
256), then modified zlib.lisp a bit (not using salza), and finally modified
sbcl-naturalize-cstring from uffi a bit. I did not like the last part because I
am not very familiar with cl-pdf and uffi, so I will probably use your
solution. Or, anyway, attached is a patch to my previous solution.

> >BTW, does anyone know how I can make a smaller
> >font out of a TrueType one, containing only desired characters?
>
> Sorry no.

Using fontforge and Times New Roman to make a TTF font with three alphabets,
together with the fixed compression, I got ex1-ttu.pdf drop from around 470kB
to around 86kB.

Alex

http://farechase.yahoo.com