[cl-pdf-devel] unicode support (ttf + sb-unicode)

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Sun Oct 30 19:15:22 UTC 2005

Aleksandar Bakic <a_bakic at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Attached is my attempt at adding Unicode support to cl-pdf.

Great!

>(I noticed that it
>does not work correctly when pdf:*compress-streams* is true; I am using
salza
>with sbcl compiled for x86 on AMD64...)

I fixed that.

>One needs a Unicode TrueType font, such as MS Windows Arial and Times New
>Roman. Then, one needs ttf2ufm (included in
>http://www.acko.net/files/ufpdf.zip) to generate an ufm file. For example,
>
>$ ttf2ufm -a -F arial.ttf arial
>
>The rest should be relatively easy to figure out from the example (and a
>comment in ttu-font.lisp at the end of the attachment).
>
>So, without compression, it worked for me. I haven't tested it much, and
the
>patch is probably incomplete.

It's OK for the compression now, I also made some changes for the different
functions to show strings, characters, etc.
So I think the base Unicode stuff is OK. I will look at making a full
Unicode support (Encoding stuff mostly) and also add Unicode support to
cl-typesetting.

>BTW, does anyone know how I can make a smaller
>font out of a TrueType one, containing only desired characters?

Sorry no.

Marc