[cells-gtk-devel] menu questions

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Tue Feb 15 17:48:26 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 19:20, Peter McDermott wrote:
> Sat down for a good day and played around with cells-gtk some more.
> Fun!
>
> I have a few questions:
>
> - Text is centered inside the pulldown menus when I expected it would be
> left-aligned.  Is there some way to change this to left-aligned?
>
> - Any way to create a menu-item with a mnemonic?
>
> (Note: using ":stock :new" when creating a "new" menu-item creates a
> left-aligned menu-item with a mnemonic.  But this only works for stock
> menu-items.)

FWIW, I have some code that I haven't committed to CVS yet. It allows you to
define your own stock icons (which then can be used in menus etc, and are
left justified as the existing stock icons). Look for it in a day or so.

Of course, we ought to find a way to left justify the ad hoc items too.

> - Exiting the app.  Seems my Exit callback should signal a delete-event
> to get gtk to properly shutdown my application.  I can't quite figure it
> out from the example code.  Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if this is related, but I was just looking at gtk-app.lisp where
I see it has a default :on-delete-event  :

:on-delete-event (lambda (self widget event data)
                         (declare (ignore self widget event data))
                         (gtk-main-quit)
                         0)))

Best Regards,
 - Peter