[cells-gtk-devel] setting parent

ktilton at nyc.rr.com ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Tue Feb 15 23:38:21 UTC 2005

Peter,

You asked about setting the parent directly. I think that will be a mess. First of all, there is an "adoption" sequence in cells intialization (part of to-be processing). Second, instance should then appear in the parents kids slot. ie, The Family class is kind of an API, and setting the fm-parent would be breaking the API.

Why do you need this? I wager answering that will avoid the need to setf the fm-parent.

btw,as an aside, there has been one time when I made the parent slot a cell. Pretty scary (speaking as the author of the Family class) but it worked.

cheers, kenny