[cells-devel] Cells cvs does not compile out of the box on Lispworks for Linux 5.1

Larry Clapp larry at theclapp.org
Sun May 11 01:24:22 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 06:22:52PM -0400, Ken Tilton wrote:
> Now with Cells-Gtk ported to the latest version of Cells and OpenAIR
> potentially bringing in a lot more users I better clean that up.

Well, while you're at it, some things you might want to clean up:

- http://www.tilton-technology.com/cells_top.html still points to
  http://www.tilton-technology.com/01-Cell-basics.lisp and should
  probably point to
  http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cells/doc/01-Cell-basics.lisp?rev=1.6&root=cells&view=auto.

- The project page at common-lisp.net ("The repository of all other
  Cells code (including Cello) ...") points to the repository at
  http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cell-cultures/?cvsroot=cells,
  but should probably point to
  http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/?root=cells (but that
  doesn't include Cello, so maybe not).  In any case, the link doesn't
  work.

- The project page also says "In there you will find the Cells code
  itself here" and points to
  http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cell-cultures/cells/?cvsroot=cells
  but should be
  http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cells/?root=cells.

These were stumbling blocks in my Cells odyssey this evening.

Thanks for your help.

FWIW, I was not aware of the OpenAIR project, I just thought it was
time I took a look at Cells.

-- Larry