[cells-devel] undersold aspect of cells

Andy Chambers achambers.home at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 3 13:27:58 UTC 2008

>  Thanks. I built your stuff against aserve, and the build looks OK. I did
> change a few 'request' references to be 'req' which was used other places,
> hope that was right.

Ooops

>  (defun test-page-allegro (path resource-class)
>   (lambda (req ent)
>     (with-http-response (req ent)
>       (with-http-body (req ent)
>         (let ((root (or (cdr (get-cookie-values req "root"))
>                       (not (print "creating new web-app..."))
>                       (mk-web-app (:prefix path
>                                     :request (c-in req))
>                         (make-instance
>                             resource-class
>                           :fm-parent *parent*)))))
>           (set-cookie-header req
>             :name "root"
>             :value root)
>           (funcall (handler root)))))))
>
>  I also had a bunch of errors on RELOAD, but I am guessing that one is for
> hunchentoot.
>
>  I can start allegroserve OK and I have gone thru their tutorial and got
> those to work anyway.
>
>  I ran this function:
>
>  (defun reload-allegro ()
>   (publish-prefix
>    :prefix "/apropos"
>    :function (test-page-allegro
>               "/apropos"
>               'web-apropos)))
>
>  Went well.
>
>  Guessing based on the aserve tutorial, I went to my browser and went to
>
>    http://localhost:8000/apropos
>
>  No error but no result, no print messages.
>
>  What would be the sequence you would expect to work? Do I have to create a
> particular directory structure and put different things different places
> and/or modify any of the test code to point different places?

I'd have been surprised if it did work actually.  Until last night, I
didn't have aserve installed.
I did that last night and can confirm the lack of output you were
seeing.  I was getting some
errors being written to standard out though so I worked through a
couple of these.

By default, aserve catches errors so to turn debugging on, you've got to

(net.aserve::debug-on :notrap)

If you want to hang on till later tonight, I'll give you another zip
that should work (that's also
been updated to use the name openair rather than hunchncells).

--
Andy