[cells-devel] undersold aspect of cells

Ken Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Wed Apr 2 17:53:15 UTC 2008

Andy Chambers wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Ken Tilton <kennytilton at optonline.net> wrote:
>

>> Yes, Lispers do a lot of this stuff. I appreciate the kind words on Cells,
>>but I think in this case the credit goes to lisp and macrology -- I think
>>whenever a Lisper wraps X they do not just wrap it, they also add value by
>>making X easier to generate and harder to get wrong.
>

> I suppose so.  The only cells-specific bit is the way the xhtml is constantly
> kept in sync with the model.

And hopefully this combined with the Lispy hiding/generation of a lot of
unpleasant wiring will translate into a substantial qualitative leap
forward for RIA authoring, in turn leading to wilder and cooler RIAs.

But looking at my Algebra software I can see I let the ease of adding
astonishing whiz-bang stuff definitely distracted me from Actually
Shipping. Yes, it was easy, but then there is no end to the fun one can
drawn into -- better to get the thing into people's hands and then
easily implement things they actually ask me for.

Lesson learned. :)

Well, it took some hammer and chisel work but I have somewhat of a clean
build of Hunchentoot, leaving we wondering how hard it would be to run
against AllegroServe. :)

Do I need a new release of o/a?