[cello-devel] Re: Cello

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Mon Mar 8 05:13:59 UTC 2004

jan wrote:

>Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> writes:
>

>>>Here is the minimal program I'm trying to get working.
>>>I'm getting a segfault in ffi land.
>>>

>>On which call? If to glutMainLoop, do you manage to re-enter any
>>callback?
>>

>In the glut-create-window call,

damn, that's early. have you run the C demos that come with freeglut as
a sanity check?

> it calls through freeglut and crashes
>somewhere in the X server.

another thought is for folks to post their version numbers on
/everything/ (OS, freeglut, Lisp, etc etc etc) to help narrow things
down. Knowing Frank's successful set-up (all those version numbers)
would probably help anyone going thru X11.

>I originally used UFFI and pure alien only for the callbacks, when
>that didn't work I removed the UFFI layer to make sure it wasn't a
>UFFI bug.

Yeah, that's how I work. If you have not punted altogether on this, I think the first thing to check is the Freeglut C demos. UFFI agrees with you that the Lisp string can be passed raw to glut-create-window, so it is hard to see what you could be doing wrong.

kt

-
http://tilton-technology.com