[cello-devel] Re: Cello

jan janmar at iprimus.com.au
Mon Mar 8 04:24:34 UTC 2004

Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> writes:

>>Here is the minimal program I'm trying to get working.
>>I'm getting a segfault in ffi land.
>
> On which call? If to glutMainLoop, do you manage to re-enter any
> callback?

In the glut-create-window call, it calls through freeglut and crashes
somewhere in the X server. I originally thought this might be a
linking problem but I think (?) I've ruled that out now.

> Don't be discouraged. FFI is hell on wheels. But once you are
> staring at a specific call and stare at the ffi doc you'll likely
> spot something. I see something: you are not using UFFI. That might
> actually be a good idea, just to eliminate one level of uncertainty,
> but I would go with UFFI unless you happen to be a CMUCL FFI
> whiz. (Pardon if you indeed are and are in fact doing the wise thing
> of leaving out the extra layer. The following does look
> knowledgable.)

I originally used UFFI and pure alien only for the callbacks, when
that didn't work I removed the UFFI layer to make sure it wasn't a
UFFI bug.

--
jan