[hunchentoot-devel] Hunchentoot v1.2.0 released

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 07:37:24 UTC 2011

Hi Zach,

thank you for reporting the problems with quicklisp packages that
depend on Hunchentoot.  Unfortunately, due to the long time since the
last release, there have been a number of small but incompatible
changes that have accumulated and that would probably have received
more prominent mention if they had been released timely.  I will try
to release quicker from now on.

Here are responses to your findings in quicklisp packages:

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 2:08 AM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
>  - no more HUNCHENTOOT:*APPROVED-RETURN-CODES* (affects cl-oauth,
>    cl-twitter)

The whole concept of "approved" HTTP status codes is gone.  Handlers
are free to return whatever status code they require.

>  - no more HUNCHENTOOT:LOG-MESSAGE (affects hunchentoot-cgi)

ACCEPTOR-LOG-MESSAGE must be used instead.  There is LOG-MESSAGE*
which uses the current *ACCEPTOR*.

>  - no more HUNCHENTOOT:ACCEPTOR-REQUEST-DISPATCHER (affects webfunk)

Request dispatching is now done by the way of the generic
ACCEPTOR-DISPATCH-REQUEST function.  The *DISPATCH-TABLE* is only used
with EASY-ACCEPTOR instances.  For web frameworks that do their own
request dispatching should implement a method for
ACCEPTOR-DISPATCH-REQUEST, possibly with a CALL-NEXT-METHOD in the end
if the request could not be dispatched.

Let me know if other issues come up or if I can provide more info.

-Hans