[hunchentoot-devel] Headers eaten during HTTP POST...

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Apr 16 20:30:45 UTC 2007

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:08:20 +0400, Timofei Shatrov <grue at mail.ru> wrote:

> My setup is lighttpd+mod_proxy on Windows XP which redirect to
> Hunchentoot running on SBCL on Ubuntu Feisty, which is running on
> VMWare player on the same PC.

Hmm, that's certainly a setup I can't reproduce here in a reasonable
time frame, so you're on your own.

> when it should be
> "POST /cl/test-form /HTTP1.1"

It should be

  "POST /cl/test-form HTTP/1.1"

I guess.

> Note that this only happens when I access the page through
> mod_proxy, when I point at Hunchentoot's IP, everything is
> fine.

So, this doesn't really look like Hunchentoot's fault, does it?

> However I can't believe mod_proxy randomly eats headers, because
> that's rather huge bug and would be noticed by everyone.

Maybe the lighttpd+mod_proxy+WinXP combo is not very common?  I don't
know.

Have you tried using WireShark on Ubuntu to monitor what mod_proxy
really sends to Hunchentoot?  That'd be the first thing I would try in
your case.

HTH,
Edi.