[hunchentoot-devel] Headers eaten during HTTP POST...

Timofei Shatrov grue at mail.ru
Mon Apr 16 20:08:20 UTC 2007

I'm rather new to web-programming and I seem to have stumbled upon
something horrible. My setup is lighttpd+mod_proxy on Windows XP which
redirect to Hunchentoot running on SBCL on Ubuntu Feisty, which is
running on VMWare player on the same PC. Everything works fine except
HTTP POST, which behaves very weirdly. When I submit POST data,
everything is screwed. After some attempts to debug, I found that
beginning of headers becomes eaten for some reason, for example the
first line may be:

"8.1.2) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.2 (Ubuntu-feisty)"

(which is part of User-agent: header), when it should be
"POST /cl/test-form /HTTP1.1"

After that Hunchentoot tries to parse this line and you can guess that
nothing good comes out of it...

Note that this only happens when I access the page through mod_proxy,
when I point at Hunchentoot's IP, everything is fine. However I can't
believe mod_proxy randomly eats headers, because that's rather huge
bug and would be noticed by everyone.

This is reproduceable with hutchentoot-test examples which involve
POST.

--
Best regards,
 Timofei Shatrov                  mailto:grue at mail.ru