[regex-coach] Feature request

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Nov 9 07:41:35 UTC 2006

Hi!

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 10:11:01 +0100, "Dominique Faure" <dominique.faure at gmail.com> wrote:

> I found the Regex-Coach an invaluable piece of code (I'm using it
> almost every days), and wanted to thank you about that.

You're welcome... :)

> Looking at the CL-PPCRE dictionary[1], I saw that the (?{code}) and
> (??{code}) syntaxic forms were (obviously) not handled, but what
> about having the php variants (?R), (?1), (?2),... which don't imply
> any code pollution at the pattern level?

Never heard of them - do you have a link which explains them?  (I saw
the ASPN link you provided, but the poster seems to assume that one
already knows them.)

> In the same mood, it would be really nice to handle named capture
> with the help of the (?P<name>), (?P=name), and the related
> (?P>name) from python/php.

Have to check them out and see if I think it'd make sense to add them
to CL-PPCRE.

But don't hold your breath - I'm pretty busy with other things at the
moment.

Cheers,
Edi.