[regex-coach] Feature request

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:11:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

I found the Regex-Coach an invaluable piece of code (I'm using it
almost every days), and wanted to thank you about that.

Looking at the CL-PPCRE dictionary[1], I saw that the (?{code}) and
(??{code}) syntaxic forms were (obviously) not handled, but what about
having the
php variants (?R), (?1), (?2),... which don't imply any code pollution
at the pattern level?
BTW, this is really soon to come in perl5's next version[2].
In the same mood, it would be really nice to handle named capture with
the help of the (?P<name>), (?P=name), and the related (?P>name) from
python/php.

Regards,
Dom

[1] http://weitz.de/cl-ppcre/#dict