[rdnzl-devel] Re: using RDNZL

Charles A. Cox cox at franz.com
Thu Mar 3 19:47:09 UTC 2005

> Hi Marc, thanks for using the RDNZL interface, I forward your letter to
> Charley as he is the engineer that did the ACL port.. Jans

  Edi Weitz gave pretty much the same answer I would.  The simplest
thing is to put "AproposGUI.dll" into either the Allegro CL directory
or into a system directory.

For Edi:

  I notice that specifying a full pathname for AproposGui.dll to the
import-types function still causes an error.  This seems to be
happening because System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadWithPartialName won't
take full pathnames (?).  If that's the case, maybe import-types could
be beefed up to check if the argument is a full pathname and instead
invoke Load or LoadFrom. ??

	Charley
---
Charles A. Cox, Franz Inc.        555 12th Street, Suite 1450
Internet: cox at franz.com           Oakland, CA  94607
WWW: http://www.franz.com/        Phone: (510) 452-2000; FAX: (510) 452-0182