[rdnzl-devel] Re: using RDNZL

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Mar 3 07:36:16 UTC 2005

Hi!

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 17:35:34 -0800, Marc LeBrun <mlb at fxpt.com> wrote:

> Hi!  I'm very interested in working with RDNZL.

Good... :)

> It looks great, but I've hit a snag; perhaps you could help?
>
> I got the first "message box" example to execute OK (neat!).
> However when I tried running the second "apropos" example I got the
> following error
>
> Warning: Returning NULL object from .NET call
> Error: Assembly "AproposGUI" not found
>
> (I compiled aproposgui.DLL in the RDNZL examples directory)

You compiled it?  It should have been distributed with the tarball
already.

> I'm probably doing something stupid, but at this point I'm fairly
> clueless about all this, so am not sure what to do next.
>
> Any ideas how I might proceed?

You have to put the AproposGui.dll file somewhere where the .NET
runtime looks for it when loading assemblies.  So either put it in a
system directory or in the directory where your Lisp executable starts
from.  That should do the trick.  Let me know if it doesn't work.

> (By the way, for some reason the Windows download arrives named
> rdnzl.tar.tar, which chokes WinZip.  Manually changing it to
> rdnzl.tar.gz makes everything copacetic.  I think I've seen this
> before with tar files--don't know if it's because of something I'm
> doing or not, but thought you might want to know...)

No idea.  I guess it's your browser changing the file's suffix without
asking you.

By the way, there's a mailing list for RDNZL questions:

Edi.

--
Dr. Edmund Weitz
Hamburg