[flexi-streams-devel] 0.11.1 trouble.

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Apr 5 13:49:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:07:40 +0530, quasi <quasilists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am running Hunchentoot 8.1.

0.8.1 I hope... :)

> As soon as I upgraded to flexi-streams 0.11.1 I have encountered a
> weird problem.  Hunchentoot (or anything else) threw no errors but
> the socket was getting closed unexpectedly I think, because links
> cribbed "error reading socket" or something.  I am running Allegro
> 8.0 Enterprise 64bit on Redhat Linux. (problem also persisted on
> Allegro 8.0 for the Intel Mac's)
>
> As soon as I went back to 0.8.0 (my previous version) all worked as
> before.
>
> Am I doing something wrong here ?

I doubt it.  There were significant changes between 0.8.0 and 0.11.1
and it is likely that you're the first one to use the new version on
AllegroCL, especially on a 64-bit version (if that matters, don't
know).

There's also a chance that some of my recent Hunchentoot changes which
I hastily submitted in the wake of my ILC preparations broke something
which results in sockets being closed although they shouldn't.  That's
why I'm sending a copy of this to tbnl-devel as well.

> How can I help debug this more ?

Try to get a detailed backtrace of the error.  You might want to check
what the previous page (before the socket was closed) was supposed to
send (return code, size of content, headers, transfer encoding).

Also, delete the FASL files from FLEXI-STREAMS and Hunchentoot,
recompile, and check all the warnings you might get during
compilation.

Thanks,
Edi.