[flexi-streams-devel] 0.11.1 trouble.

quasi quasilists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:30:03 UTC 2007

Edi Weitz wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:07:40 +0530, quasi <quasilists at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I am running Hunchentoot 8.1.
>>

> 0.8.1 I hope... :)

my bad. :) it is indeed 0.8.1

>> As soon as I upgraded to flexi-streams 0.11.1 I have encountered a
>> weird problem.  Hunchentoot (or anything else) threw no errors but
>> the socket was getting closed unexpectedly I think, because links
>> cribbed "error reading socket" or something.  I am running Allegro
>> 8.0 Enterprise 64bit on Redhat Linux. (problem also persisted on
>> Allegro 8.0 for the Intel Mac's)
>>
>> As soon as I went back to 0.8.0 (my previous version) all worked as
>> before.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong here ?
>>

> I doubt it.  There were significant changes between 0.8.0 and 0.11.1
> and it is likely that you're the first one to use the new version on
> AllegroCL, especially on a 64-bit version (if that matters, don't
> know).

I dont think it matters.  Observed on 32bit ACL 8.0 on the Intel Mac and
64bit ACL 8.0 on RH Linux.
> There's also a chance that some of my recent Hunchentoot changes which
> I hastily submitted in the wake of my ILC preparations broke something
> which results in sockets being closed although they shouldn't.  That's
> why I'm sending a copy of this to tbnl-devel as well.
>

>> How can I help debug this more ?
>>

> Try to get a detailed backtrace of the error.  You might want to check
> what the previous page (before the socket was closed) was supposed to
> send (return code, size of content, headers, transfer encoding).
>
> Also, delete the FASL files from FLEXI-STREAMS and Hunchentoot,
> recompile, and check all the warnings you might get during
> compilation.

Ya I tried a complete recompile. No change.  Also on another machine
which had 0.9.1 and it worked.  With 0.11.1 compile gave only 2 warnings.

;;;   /Users/quasi/quasiLabs/lisp-libraries/flexi-streams-0.11.1/stream.lisp
; While compiling (METHOD SET-ENCODING-TABLE (T)):
Warning: Variable STREAM is never used.
; While compiling (METHOD SET-ENCODING-HASH (T)):
Warning: Variable STREAM is never used.

Problem is there are no errors thrown at all, so what do I do?