[clfswm-devel] Fixes for reorder-* and frame-select-*-child

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Mon Oct 8 21:09:24 UTC 2012

Michael Raitza writes:

> Hi,

> I fixed reorder-brother and reorder-child. They missed some frames when
> rotating in positive direction. The new versions are even simpler.
> I also improved n-rotate-list.
>
> I will attach patches as commit hashes won't be of any use. I am constantly
> rebasing my branch to follow the development.
>
> As a third patch, I changed the semantics of the frame-select-*-child
> functions to wrap around the end of the list of frames. (Seems logical
> for me.) Maybe we should introduce an optional argument for that, or
> have separate functions.

Hey!! I can't apply your patch! you broke an important CLFSWM feature:
when you rotate children in a frame and release the alt-tab key, the
next time the previous child will be the next child.

 A B C D E F -> rotate 3 times -> D A B C E F

Pressing only one time the Alt-Tab key enable to switch between two
children. See how other (stacking) window managers works.

I know it's complicated (I've had an headache on it) but it's very
important (at least for me).
Try pressing Alt-tab multiple times. What you want is
select-next-child-simple (see src/clfswm-circulate-mode.lisp).

BTW, I like your n-rotate-list implementation (faster and less memory
expansive). Commited in your name. Many thanks.

> Regards,

Regards,

Philippe