[cffi-devel] uffi.asd vs uffi-compat.asd

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 02:09:43 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 2:36 AM, Hans Hübner <hans.huebner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use an automated mechanism to setup my asdf:*central-registry* and
> it would be a pain if I had to change that.  I find it offensive if
> some library decides that it is "better" than something else and makes
> that something else unusable or harder to use.

Good thing there was never any such intention, otherwise you would be
offended! I'm sorry uffi-compat is not useful for you, I guess...

> In my own private copy cffi, I have renamed CFFI"s uffi.asd to
> uffi-compat.asd.  I'd recommend that this'd be done in the upstream
> version, too.

uffi.asd was added by popular demand. (Or maybe it was just *one*
user, I don't recall.) I'd be glad to rename it, but as I've mentioned
in a previous email, I'm worried that it'd do more harm than good.
Suggestions on how to solve the problem are most welcome.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/