[cffi-devel] uffi.asd vs uffi-compat.asd

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 01:36:22 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 19:10, Luís Oliveira<luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:

> As Daniel Herring hinted, one way you can solve this problem is to
> setup asdf:*central-registry* such that UFFI's uffi.asd takes
> precedence over the clbuild/systems/uffi.asd one. Would that work for
> you?

I use an automated mechanism to setup my asdf:*central-registry* and
it would be a pain if I had to change that.  I find it offensive if
some library decides that it is "better" than something else and makes
that something else unusable or harder to use.

In my own private copy cffi, I have renamed CFFI"s uffi.asd to
uffi-compat.asd.  I'd recommend that this'd be done in the upstream
version, too.

-Hans