[cells-gtk-devel] (test-gtk:gtk-demo) failed

Scott Brown doolagarl2002 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 9 15:29:36 UTC 2008

Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

I downloaded and expanded the root.tar.gz file which you gave the link for, but the instructions in install.txt say to edit the load.lisp file, which is not included in root.tar.gz. The other version (cells-gtk-2006-06-30.zip) has a load.lisp file.

I added the gtk path C:\Program Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\bin; to the path variable in the control panel. The first time I tried to install cells-gtk, I hadn't done this, so it failed to install. After I added gtk to the path, (load "load") installed cells-gtk without any errors, but failed to run (test-gtk:gtk-demo).

Is cells-gtk easier to install on another operating system and/or a different Common Lisp implementation?

Scott