[cells-gtk-devel] (test-gtk:gtk-demo) failed

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:49:08 UTC 2008

Scott,

welcome aboard.  I should say that I have neither windows nor clisp
available for testing, so I am quite off base here, but maybe a few
general comments might help.

Which version of cells-gtk do you use?  It looks like you pulled in the
latest tar ball from the homepage (which is, as you see, almost two
years old, shame on us).  Try using the latest version from CVS, you can
pull a tarball from

http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/root.tar.gz?root=cells-gtk&view=tar

That would make it easier for us to be on the same page.

> If I call  (test-gtk:gtk-demo t) instead I get:
>
> Calling (g-thread-init #<FOREIGN-ADDRESS #x00000000>)
> *** - FUNCALL: undefined function NIL

As to this specific problem, there could be a number of explanations

- A wild guess off the top of my head: Doas cells-gtk on windows provide
g-thread-init?  Anyone else had issues with that?

- There is some issue with CFFI.  Do you have the most recent one
(0.9.2)?  (the one from darcs does not work)  Did it compile without
errors?  Do you have other libraries which use cffi and work?

- There is an issue with your gtk setup.  This is the very first gtk
function which is being called, so if there is some general problem
talking to gtk, here is where it pops up.  I have no idea how these
things work in windows -- are there path names somewhere in cells-gtk
pointing to the dll files?

The latter feels most likely to me.

HTH,
Peter