[cells-devel] which is the correct cells distro?

Ramarren ramarren at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 18:19:45 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have downloaded cells2.0 from cliki.

As far as I can tell cells 2.0 is not linked from cliki, although it
is from the homepage. In any case, it is really old. The latest
original version is in CVS and is marked as 3.0. I believe it has
improved data integrity for certain cases (well, according to
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/c0afdb359ffed6a7 in
this case "has improved" means "adds" but supposedly it usually works
anyway).

> On the mailing list, I see another branch mentioned (Ramarren).  I
> gather that as long as I don't care about GTK, that should not be an
> issue.

My branch of Cells themselves is just a number of cosmetic fixes for
Cells 3.0 (well, as it is in CVS it doesn't work on anything except
Lispworks, but those are cosmetic-level changes anyway). The commit
list is here: http://github.com/Ramarren/cells/commits/master , mostly
it make SBCL emit less warnings and improves support for other
implementations.

Regards,
Jakub Higersberger