[cells-devel] which is the correct cells distro?

Kenneth Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 18:48:36 UTC 2010

Ramarren wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have downloaded cells2.0 from cliki.
>
> As far as I can tell cells 2.0 is not linked from cliki, although it
> is from the homepage. In any case, it is really old. The latest
> original version is in CVS and is marked as 3.0. I believe it has
> improved data integrity for certain cases (well, according to
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/c0afdb359ffed6a7 in
> this case "has improved" means "adds" but supposedly it usually works
> anyway).

Ah, 3 added integrity? Well, when I added it I did it all in one go, so
it should be pretty solid on those edge cases that broke 2.

Not sure what 4 added, then. maybe the flattening of recursion into a
fifo queue of changes?

Yes, 2 worked for an incredibly long time, but it does have a hole
closed by 3 so who needs the uncertainty?

kt