[cells-devel] Re: [cello-devel] All GZ all the time?

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Thu Mar 25 05:23:45 UTC 2004

Thomas F. Burdick wrote:

>=?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F8rn_Nordb=F8?= writes:
> > Yeah, I almost felt useful for a minute or so..  I'm still trying to
> > get the test suite for cells to pass or fail consistently on SBCL. :)
>
>Uh-oh, that doesn't sound so good.  Care to elaborate?  For me, there
>was one test that failed, and it did so consistently.  It involved
>some part of Cells I haven't really touched, and I seem to remember
>Kenny convincing me that it wasn't a problem.

My recollection is hazy as well. But the big answer is...

....hey, I am sitting here pretty damn close to 24-7 working on Cello.
If I am not sitting here when your mail comes in, I'll be back in an
hour. This stuff is raw and undocumented, I /expect/ email queries.
Never hesitate the moment you see a backtrace to send up a flare.

> I can go dig up
>something better than hazy recollections, if I need to :-).  This was
>with sbcl-0.8.4.  I've been doing some development with this
>combination, and it seems to work fine.
>
>What sbcl version are you using, and what's going wrong?
>
>(Hopefully it's trivial, since I'm in the middle of writing a web app
> for a client, using Cells.  BTW, Cells + Araneida + SQLisp is a great
> combo, for anyone wondering.)

Damn, the parents are always the last to know. You didn't need /any/
support? i guess that's the upside of open source. Anyway, glad to hear
it is going well.