[xcvb-devel] 0.558 - builds executables on ECL, CMUCL as well SBCL, CCL, CLISP, LispWorks Pro

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:37:27 UTC 2011

> as you might remember, I was hoping to have XCVB help my own project be
> pushed forward; right now, I'm trying to create executables that are
> small enough to be accepted for broader deployments and ecl's
> asdf:make-build seemed the only (other) option so far but is broken for
> me on 11.1.1. so XCVB might come in just right. Does XCVB support
> creating executables using ecl?

Yes, XCVB 0.557 or later supports creating executables using ECL.
You need a recent enough ECL, or an old enough one,
to avoid a bug introduced last December and fixed in June.
Possibly the same bug that prevents you from using make-build.

See
http://www.mail-archive.com/ecls-list@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01047.html