[hunchentoot-devel] slime foreground buffer for hunchentoot

Mark H. David mhd at yv.org
Wed May 25 18:14:33 UTC 2011

Just to all be on the same page, could you share how exactly you start with a single thread?
Is it something like

   (setq hunchentoot::*supports-threads-p* nil)

before you call hunchentoot:start?

Note that *supports-threads-p* is not exported (need double ::'s).

In any case, I think a good start would be to have documented way to choose single vs. multithreaded.
And it should not be confused with the having the capability or not, so I think it should be a different variable.
I guess on a non-*support-threads-p* platform, it could be an error to choose multithreaded,
but otherwise, I'd like a high-level way to choose.

But I'm very new to this, so please forgive me if I'm lost and missed something, as is probably the case.

Thanks,

Mark