[hunchentoot-devel] any way to make upload more efficient?

Edi Weitz edi at weitz.de
Fri Mar 25 12:00:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:11 AM, valgusk lalala <valgusk at inbox.lv> wrote:

> So, do you think it would be possible to write some foreign module for just
> the multipart form-data processing and use it with Hunchentoot? Any way to
> make upload performance reasonable?

First of all, we always meant to rewrite the RFC 2388 module anyway,
but we haven't found the time for it so far, and obviously this stuff
wasn't important enough that someone threatened to pay for it... :)

If someone finds a way to make file uploads significantly more
efficient in a portable way, I'm all for it and would happily accept
patches adhering to the usual rules.  However, I'm not interested in
solutions based on foreign code.  The idea of Hunchentoot is to have a
stand-alone Lisp solution and if I had infinite time I'd even rewrite
the SSL layer in CL... :)

BTW, as you're saying that it's an SBCL problem, have you tried with
other Lisps?  If this is a real problem for you, alternative solutions
might be to switch to another Lisp (if that helps) or to improve
SBCL's stream code (if that's the culprit).

Cheers,
Edi.