[hunchentoot-devel] any way to make upload more efficient?

valgusk lalala valgusk at inbox.lv
Fri Mar 25 09:11:36 UTC 2011

 Hi there. I have just started with Hunchentoot. Being also  a lisp
 newcomer  i started out with reading tutorials and docs and this one
 mailing list, where I found some upload problems mentioned and
 getting interested in testing them out. After installation of
 hunchentoot (as a standalone server) on sbcl and trying to upload
 some files I got almost 100% cpu load on the host machine with just
 one file being uploaded. Then I tested it, hacking the rfc2388 module
 to only read from stream  without processing or writing anything. I
 got a 50%+ cpu cload. The upload on apache/php is getting 5%. I saw
 that the lisp is equally heating the cpu just with stream
 reading-writing by making a separate file read-write test.
 It's an sbcl stream problem as i see it, nothing can be done here, I
 guess.
 It's acceptable for apache being held on this system, but i don't
 really want to run php alongside with lisp just for file uploads.
 So, do you think it would be possible to write some foreign module
 for just the multipart form-data processing and use it with
 Hunchentoot? Any way to make upload performance reasonable?