[hunchentoot-devel] usocket:timeout-errors and *catch-errors-p*

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Aug 24 06:44:18 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Peter Seibel <peter at gigamonkeys.com> wrote:

> I may well be missing something, but it seems like mabye HANDLER-CASE*
> should be changed as in the following patch so MAYBE-INVOKE-DEBUGGER is only
> invoked for unhandled conditions.

No, the point of handler-case* is exactly that it should call
maybe-invoke-debugger for /all/ conditions before they can be handled.
 Otherwise, the source code uses the standard handler-case (without
asterisk).

I think the question in the case of the problem you report is whether
there's some handler-case* that should rather be handler-case or
whether we're seeing some behavior we think is acceptable if
*catch-errors-p* is nil.

Cheers,
Edi.

PS: Hey Peter, you're hacking Lisp again?