[hunchentoot-devel] [patch] Invoking the debugger in Hunchentoot (was: Invoke-debugger)

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Nov 16 14:58:01 UTC 2009

Hans mentioned this today and I now that I found some time to think
about it, I tend to agree with him:

The problem with the new approach is that if you want to debug your
web app, you need to change the acceptor class.  That's a bit
inconvenient compared to the good old days of setting/binding a
special variable, isn't it?

Shouldn't the standard acceptor class provide the ability to switch
debugging on and off at runtime?  Maybe with a (class) slot or
something instead of a special variable?  The protocol that you added
is I think still useful and should be kept nevertheless.

Thought?

Thanks,
Edi.